Educreations Interactive Whiteboard
ShowMe Interactive Whiteboard
Paper by FiftyThree
Book Creator Free
"The goal and focus of the Winning Strategies Conference For Paraprofessionals & Future Teachers is to provide directly applicable, quality professional development through awareness sessions that lead to developing the knowledge and skills necessary to maximize student learning and achievement."
"PLAYDATE (People Learning and Asking ‘Y,” Digital Age Technology Exploration) is a space for us to come together and collaboratively explore these tools we’ve always wanted to learn more about. Modeled after an unconference or an EdCamp, the sessions will be participant-driven, exploration-based, and hands on."
1. Like an EdCamp, sessions are proposed and led by participants based on the interests of the group.
2. Sessions are all about having a discussion, playing with the tool, device, software, etc., and trying things out.
3. Time to just explore with no pressure is invaluable to thinking about how new technologies, devices, software, ideas fit it with curriculum and instructional practices.
4. Having the new devices available allows you to explore and play without the pressure of having to vouch for the value-added component of something before you have even had a chance to try it out.
5. People are key. Having knowledgable people who have tried things, devices, software to some extent already is critical. Being able to tap into their knowledge prevents you from floundering and losing out on the value of exploration with devices or software that have a lot of bells and whistles to figure out.