I will be presenting two preconference workshop sessions for the TIES Conference in December and will be doing two conference sessions highlighting student tech teams with one of our secondary school Genius Squads and showing how to use the power of interactive video to share classroom learning and stories with parents and your school community.
My weekend workshop sessions will be:
- Amplifying Student Voice Beyond Classroom Walls
- Explore iPad apps that will help you to amplify your ELA students' voice with an authentic global audience. These apps will inspire your students to read more, develop their presentation skills, and share their writing and thinking beyond the classroom walls.
- 3-2-1 Tell Your Story With An Amazing Free Classroom Studio
- Tap into the award-winning power of TouchCast's easy-to-use free iPad app to create an engaging, interactive mobile recording studio with multi-cam control of extra iPads, green screen, onscreen pop-up documents, and screencasting whiteboard. With a simple green screen, empower your students to share their learning live from within the structures of a cell to the surface of the moon or the depths of the ocean and other amazing locations. Ditch classroom newsletters and tell the story of your classroom or school with simple-to-create student-produced videos that build students' speaking and presentation skills and make learning fun. Great for highlighting your school with monthly principal-created videos parents will watch!
- Student Tech Teams Playground
- Student tech teams leverage the power of student knowledge and enthusiasm to support technology in their schools. From help desks, to rollouts, to repairs, student tech teams are helping teachers and students use technology, while giving participants valuable leadership and service experience. Come meet student tech-team participants (from elementary to high school) and their leaders during this session of the playground.
- Tell Your Classroom Story With TouchCast
- Tap into the power of TouchCast's easy-to-use free iPad app to create a mobile green screen recording studio. With a simple green screen, empower your students to share their learning live from within the structures of a cell to the surface of the moon or the depths of the ocean & other amazing locations. Ditch classroom newsletters & replace them with student-produced videos that highlight your classroom, build students' speaking & presentation skills, & make learning fun.
I am looking forward to networking with other educators and tech integration leaders from the midwest and hoping some of you may join me for these fun three-hour-long hands-on workshops on December 9 and 10 and for my regular conference sessions on December 11 and 12.